Opal - Jennifer L. Armentrout Opal is book three in the Lux series by Jennifer L. Armentrout, and I will happily admit it is my favourite so far – and each one before that was my favourite too! We re-join Daemon and Katy trying to come to terms with the loss of Adam in Onyx. Friendships are strained as a result and knowing who to trust is becoming harder with each decision made. Friends become enemies, and old adversaries become unwilling allies. An old enemy – Blake – and his unwanted and unexpected return causes tensions to run high between Daemon’s siblings and fellow Luxen. With the knowledge that Blake holds, there can only be one choice, and that is to go along with his plans…To prevent me from becoming a puddle of mush and gushing about Daemon Black and proclaiming my love for a fictitious character, I have to mention that Jennifer Armentrout is a fantastic character builder. Her characters have grown and developed steadily and realistically in each book. It’s such a nice thing to find in a YA series – or in any series or stand-alone novel in honesty! She draws out emotions so well you can’t help bonding with the characters and being transported into the world of the Luxen and praying the book will magically gain another few hundred pages so you don’t have to stop reading and close the book on its final page. Katy is one of the few female protagonists I really like. She has her own mind, makes her own choices and has the courage to stand up and take the repercussions for those choices. And Daemon… Daemon, Daemon, Daemon - I have got to admit, I end up with a goofy grin plastered on my face anytime he’s in one of his “I’m just that awesome” moods. He is so infuriatingly hilarious. There is one heck of cliff-hanger ending at the end, and I know that’s not to everyone’s tastes, but if you’re on the fence about starting this series, I would highly recommend giving it a shot – start and progress in order, and I don’t think you’ll regret it. The release date of Origin has been announced (27 Aug, 2013); not too far away and plenty of time to start the series – or to re-read!