Sealed with a Curse - Cecy Robson Well, this is a very rare occurrence for me. I don’t really nit-pick the bad points out of a book, I usually make my judgement on the overall feeling I get from a novel. If there are things that annoy me, usually the overall impression of the characters and the story makes me overlook a lot of the negative. Unfortunately, there wasn’t anything I particularly enjoyed about Sealed with a Curse, which emphasised my overall dislike and, if I’m honest, increased my annoyance with several problems I had with the story. A glaring inconsistency that I just couldn’t ignore is the claim in the synopsis on the back cover: “Everyone knows vampires aren’t aggressive”. Yet, this is completely contradicted in the novel. It takes very little or no provocation for a huge scene to erupt with body parts flying everywhere. And that leads onto another problem – the fight scenes were very disjointed, and I couldn’t follow what was supposed to have occurred without back tracking. A lot more detail would have rounded this out and made things flow from page to page. The characters are very one dimensional, not fleshed out at all. Both the characters and the plot left me making way to many comparisons to other book series and to TV shows. It was like a very strange mish-mash of True Blood/ the Sookie Stackhouse book series, Charmed (a very similar sister situation), Buffy and Angel (a vampire with a soul anyone??) and Twilight (if I saw the word “treaty” mentioned between the vamps and weres one more time…!) to name a few. Another annoyance for me was the constant use of italics to distinguish a supernatural (power or person) e.g.: “my ability to change into another creature”; “ Shift out of there if you see anything creepy”; “The mere mention of the weres made me sick” and so on. In my opinion, I think it’s completely unnecessary to highlight these! The vast majority of paranormal readers will know what a “were” is or what to “shift” is without it being in italics! I found that they kept disrupting the flow of sentences, and drew attention to unnecessary words, skipping over the important stuff. By the end of the book, I was constantly rolling my eyes whenever they appeared. I know this could be seen as a minor complaint… but it drove me to distraction! Another issue I had that could have been avoided with a Google search: Celia is a tigress. Yet during one scene she and her “beast” are afraid of drowning. The majority of tigers actually love the water, and I found it completely laughable to think a tiger would be afraid of drowning.From all the glowing 4 and 5 star reviews, I was hoping I had found a new paranormal series to sink my teeth into. I might have had too high expectations, which left me obsessing on details that I would, and could, overlook if the story and the characters grabbed my attention from the first few chapters. This wasn’t the case. Unfortunately, I won’t be continuing on this journey with the four Weird Sisters.